- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cheese (I used cheddar)
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup ham diced (or any other protein or veggie)
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 3/4 cup yogurt greek plain style
- *dairy-free yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheeses work great with this as well!
Instructions for Instant Pot
- Add 1.5 cup water to the pot and lower a trivet inside.
- Scramble together in a bowl your eggs, then pour them into a blender with your cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture in a bowl and add diced ham, stir together.
- Add basil to the bottom of each egg hole in your mold.
- Pour egg mixture into egg molds evenly between all the holes.
- Cover the entire mold with foil and make a sling out of foil so you can lower it on to your trivet.
- Close the lid and steam valve and press the steam button, set the timer to 9 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully remove egg bites from molds and enjoy them.
Instructions for Oven (using muffin tin)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Coat 12 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Fill a glass casserole dish 1/2 way with water and microwave with 5 minutes (make sure this will be large enough to fit the muffin tin).
- Fill muffin tin with egg bite mixture and put in the casserole dish carefully so the water doesn’t overflow into the egg mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Can be cooled and stored in the refrigerator and microwaved for 1 min for a quick breakfast. Can be frozen and thawed at room temperature!