The balance is there…. so are all the nutrients! This recipe will rock your world and even better will not rock your bathroom scale. Each serving packs over 25 grams of protein, the right amount of carbs and healthy fat … and a secret ingredient that will have your family wanting this treat every week!
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash (you can use zucchini or spaghetti squash)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Nut butter (peanut butter, almond or cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1 1/2 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Be sure to drain all water out of squash or zucchini before adding to batter.
2. Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until pancakes slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
3. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Enjoy with fruit and maple syrup if desired.
This recipe makes 3 servings.
Serving size based on size of pancakes.
One-third of batch will equal one serving size for one meal.