Fluffy peanut butter chickpea muffins with delicious puddles of chocolate chips in every bite. These easy protein-packed chickpea muffins only require 7 simple ingredients and the batter can be made right in the blender or food processor. Easy, freezer-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and perfect for snack time or post workout.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Chickpeas
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter, creamy natural
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin and spray the inside of each liner with nonstick cooking spray so that the liners do not stick to the muffins — this is important.
- Place chickpeas and 1 egg in the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender and process until beans are well blended. Add two other eggs, peanut butter, protein powder, almond milk, vanilla, baking powder and salt and process again until smooth. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly among the tops of each muffin batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffins comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep muffins for a day at room temperature, then transfer to fridge and place in an airtight container. Makes 12 muffins, however each serving sized is 2 muffins!
Makes 6 servings
2 muffins makes one serving size