As we creep into pumpkin season, this is one of my favorites! Easy to make and delicious!
- ¾ cup Oat Flour see note to make your own from rolled oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cup Almond Milk not cold, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- shredded carrot
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk almond milk, lemon juice, eggs, vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk oat flour, flour of choice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, protein powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until it forms a thick pancake batter with no lumps.
- Stir in shredded carrots, chopped nuts, and raisins.
- Heat a pancake griddle pan over medium-high heat. When hot, reduce to low heat and scoop 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat until no more batter is left, you should form about 12 pancakes.
- Serve with fruits of your choice, maple syrup, or peanut butter.
Makes 12 pancakes – serves 4
3 pancakes per serving