- 1 lb Chicken breast or 1- 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 -15 oz can crushed tomato
- 1 (4 oz) can Chopped green chiles drained
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 cup Black beans
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 cup Shredded cheddar
- 6 Tortillas
- Place everything except for the yogurt, cheese, and tortillas in the crockpot. Stir to combine, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks and return to the crockpot. Add the yogurt and cheese, and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among 8 tortillas, and roll into burritos. (I like to roll my tortilla just over the filling, tuck in the ends, and finish rolling so none of the filling comes out).
- Enjoy with salsa or taco sauce if desired! Enjoy!
- Next, you have three options! You can either enjoy the burrito just as it is, you could lightly toast the burrito by placing it in a sauté pan over medium-low heat, and cooking until the outside of burrito is golden brown (flipping after about 1-2 minutes on each side), or you could place them in a baking dish and bake them for 5-10 minutes at 425 degrees, or until they are golden brown.
- You could also freeze the filling for these burritos and pull it out as you need it, making individual burritos through the week. OR you could make the burritos, then freeze them individually in foil, so you can pull them out as I need them.
Makes 6 servings