- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water
- 3 medium-to-large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (almond or coconut milk work, too)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (optional, may substitute with stevia or other sweeteners)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of chocolate plant-based protein powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats raw
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Air fryer directions below. Spray muffin tin or silicone pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together chia seeds and water to make “chia eggs.” Alternatively, you could use 2 large eggs. Set aside.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with fork. Add cashew milk, peanut butter, optional maple syrup or stevia and vanilla and stir until well mixed. Stir in chia eggs.
- Add protein powder, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling tins to the top. You may have some leftover batter. Bake for 25 minutes in traditional oven, or if using an air fryer bake for 12 minutes (or until brown as air fryers may varty) at 320 degrees checking them half-way through
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Come, remove from pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 muffin