- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 4 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or 1/3 cup liquid aminos)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lb flank steak (or your favorite cut of beef thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 green onions , sliced
- additional sweetener if desired (I like using monk fruit or stevia)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium low. Add ginger and garlic and stir just until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add soy sauce or liquid aminos, water and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Let boil 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside. I do not add the additional sweetener until then end. Some people like this dish sweeter than others.
- Prepare rice according to instructions on box. Set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon at a time of oil in a pan or wok and heat over medium high heat. Cook the beef in small batches for about 2 minutes. (It doesn’t need to cook all of the way through,it will cook completely when combined with the sauce).
- Once all the beef has been cooked, combine with the sauce and heat over medium until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in green onions. Serve over rice.
For printable file click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mWmLfWWT3QdgZWmRz8eX9U8p8yQ0uqoTnnzohPusmM/edit?usp=sharing