- 2 Spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cup Liquid egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can of Crushed tomato
- 2/3 cup Shredded mozzarella*
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Prepare spaghetti squash by microwaving for 5-10 minutes, or until soft, (be sure to pierce with a knife before microwaving to release steam). Or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until squash is soft. Cut spaghetti squash in half, and discard seeds. Remove ‘spaghetti’ noodles from squash and place in a large bowl. For detailed instructions on preparing a spaghetti squash go here!
- To the bowl with the spaghetti squash, add eggs, seasonings, and nutritional yeast. Mix until well combined.
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Pour spaghetti squash crust mixture into the crockpot, and cover the slow cooker with a long piece of paper towel (or a kitchen towel), then place the lid over the paper towel and pull it tight. This helps catch excess moisture. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove lid and discard the paper towel (or kitchen towel).
- After cooking the crust, spread the crushed tomatoes (or pizza sauce) over the top, then sprinkle the optional cheese over the sauce, followed by the sliced tomatoes and add the cheese.. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high to melt the cheese and warm everything through. Let cool with cover off for a bit then serve!
Dairy Free Option
Use dairy-free cheeses or omit cheese