- 1 (15 oz) can Sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 cups Bone broth*
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 (28 oz) can Crushed tomato
- 1 (15 oz) can Diced tomato
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces Pita bread or choice of bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 Roma tomato
- 2 Avocado
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- Stovetop: Add everything to a large pot and set heat to medium high. Bring to a boil and turn heat to medium low. Simmer for at least 10-15 minutes. Puree soup in blender depending on your desired texture, and return to the pot. Stir in Greek yogurt if desired for added creaminess and added protein. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot: Add everything to Instant Pot. Cover and set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Release pressure manually. Puree soup in blender depending on your desired texture, and return to the Instant Pot. Stir in Greek yogurt and parmesan if desired for added creaminess and protein. Enjoy!
- Crockpot: Add everything except for the optional toppings to crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high 2-4 hours, or until heated through and onions are tender. Puree soup in blender depending on your desired texture, and return to the Crockpot. Stir in Greek yogurt if desired for added creaminess and protein. Enjoy!
- Spray a medium pan with cooking spray and warm over medium low heat. Meanwhile, mash avocado in a small bowl, mixing with salt and pepper to taste. Spread avocado mash on one piece of pita (or whatever type of bread you are using).
- Place cheese on top of the avocado, followed by tomato slices. Top with the remaining piece of pita and place in pan.
- Cover pan and allow bread to toast on one side, and cheese to melt slightly, (about 1-2 minutes). Flip sandwich carefully, and cover, toasting bread on the other side and melting the cheese the rest of the way.
*Use bone broth to increase protein amount in the soup
*Greek yogurt is used to also increase the protein amount in the soup. If preferred 8oz of ground turkey or beef can be used, or one cup of beans.