Want something to snack on.. but don’t want preservatives? This is a fun recipe that can be modified by adding different nuts and dried fruit. All the ingredients are healthy and natural, but be sure you add up the calories as these amazing little love nuggets could add up if you eat too many… and trust me, I have been guilty of that!
- 6 cups raw old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3 cups peanut butter (or any nut butter such as almond or cashew)
- 1 cup agave or honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole or ground flax seeds
- 1/8 cup water
1 cup total of each (or a cup combination of each)
*The add-ons will add substantial calories and sugar to the recipe, so figure this into the macros.
- Mix ingredients
- With wet hands to form golf ball (or smaller) sized balls. (This can get messy so I wet my hands frequently)
- This should make several dozen peanut butter bites.
These can be frozen and thawed out quickly as needed. I have never succeeded in making these into a bar form as there is no binding agent, so the ball form is best.
The serving size is typically two. If you are on a GETUFIT NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM, this recipe can be used as a snack once a day with a serving size of two energy balls.
GLUTEN FREE • VEGAN • DAIRY FREE
If the appropriate ingredients are used