- 18 corn tortilla
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 1 – 16oz bag frozen corn
- 1- 30 oz can black beans drained and rinced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1- 15oz can low sodium enchilada sauce (red or green)
- Preheat oven at 450. Pierce a hole in the squash with a knife and put the entire squash in the oven to bake for 35 minutes. Once the squash is finished, cut it in half and remove/discard the seeds. Scrape spaghetti squash and set aside.
- Using a 9×12 baking dish, layer half of the corn tortillas along the bottom of the pan. You won’t need to cover the entire pan as the circular tortillas will not cover the entire bottom.
- Add 2/3 of the squash on top of the tortillas.
- Add the remaining 9 tortillas on top of the squash.
- In a mixing bowl, add the beans, corn, refried beans, and remaining squash and stir gently so that the ingredients are nicely mixed.
- Spread your 2 cups of cottage cheese over the corn and bean mixture then top with another layer of corn tortillas.
- Drizzle your cheese on top of the tortillas followed by the enchilada sauce. Put enchilada casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until brown.
Add a healthy fat such as avocado to complete this meal