- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or 1 lb chicken, pork or beef for a non-vegetarian option
- 1 (14-ounce) can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 (10-ounce) packages zucchini noodles
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat tofu dry and add to pan. Cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces turn golden, about 4 minutes. Gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until golden all over, 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate
- Meanwhile, whisk coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
- Add avocado oil, mushrooms and scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and started to brown, about 5 minutes. Add kale, the sauce mixture and the tofu and cook, stirring, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened and the tofu is heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add zucchini noodles to the pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the curry over the noodles.
NON-VEGETARIAN OPTION: Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook protein in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces turn golden, about 6-8 minutes. depending on protein used.. Transfer to a plate.