- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 green peppers, cut in half and deseeded
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut green peppers in half and de-seed them. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and bake in a 9×13 dish covered with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan and heat over high heat until oil is smoking. Add steak, season generously with salt & pepper, then sear for 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and slice very thinly across the grain.
- In the same skillet, add mushrooms and cook until they start to release juices, about 2 minutes. Add onions and red pepper, sauteeing for 2-3 minutes until tender and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, remove green peppers from oven. Divide steak and veggies among peppers then top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and serve!