- 1 –1.5 pound chicken breasts (4 breasts total. My chicken breasts were large so I cut them in half)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2–3 cups chopped spinach (or 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes, drained)
- 1/3 cup Pesto Mayo *
- 1–2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
*use avocado or olive oil mayo mixed with 1 teaspoon jarred pesto or minced basil as an alternative
- Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Mix together pesto mayo, chicken broth, rice, and seasonings in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a warmed skillet on medium-high heat and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add mayo, broth, and rice mixture to skillet
- Top with chicken breasts and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, move rice mixture around with a spatula to avoid sticking to the bottom of the skillet, cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost completely cooked.
- While chicken and rice are cooking, prepare your spinach and tomatoes
- Add chopped spinach and halved tomatoes to skillet, cover, and cook for 3-5 more minutes
- Divide into 4 bowls and serve!