- 1 1/2 lb Chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup low sugar Strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
To Make the Marinade:
- Blend everything for the marinade together in a blender (or you could mash strawberries really well, and stir in the rest of the ingredients for the marinade in a medium bowl). Pour marinade into a Tupperware or medium bowl, and place the chicken (the chicken should be cut into 1 inch even size cubes) in the marinade, and toss to evenly coat. Cover Tupperware/bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- (The longer you marinade the chicken, the more flavor it will have. This can also be done overnight. Also, if you are using wood skewers, soak skewers in water for 20-30 minutes before grilling so they don’t burn on the grill.)
To Grill Kabobs:
- Assemble kabobs by placing the chicken on the skewers. Grill on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently. Grill until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).
- (You could also place skewers on a baking sheet lined with foil, spray on cooking spray, and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 5-10 minutes.)
To Make the Glaze:
- If you desire to make the glaze (it only adds about 10-20 calories to each serving), place strawberry jam and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, and microwave 20-30 seconds, or until the jam thins out just enough to stir.
- Brush or drizzle glaze over kabobs when they are done grilling, and serve just as is, or over whole grain rice, quinoa, or over a bed of lettuce or with veggies if desired!