- 1 lbs ground turkey and/or veggies
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cups Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 slices ultra thin cheese (optional)
- 6 English muffins (or Getufit bagel) (100 calorie approximate)
- The estimated total time to make this recipe is 25-30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and cook the turkey until browned, (or cook veggies until tender).
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Stir in cooked turkey and veggies. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Cut into 6 equal squares or use a mason jar lid or cup to cut out 6 circles.
- Set the oven to broil on high heat. Cut English muffins into halves and place on a rimmed baking sheet pan. Spray the insides of the English muffins with cooking spray and broil in the center of the oven for 2-4 minutes or until the tops are golden and lightly crisp. Remove from the oven and lightly cool while preparing toppings.
- Assemble the breakfast sandwiches with the bottom bun first, then the egg, followed by a slice of cheese, and finally the top muffin. Let cool completely to room temperature, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap (or in aluminum foil) then place in a large freezer-safe Ziplock bag. Refrigerate up to 1 week, or freeze up to 2 months.
- Reheating directions Remove breakfast sandwich from the freezer when you are ready to eat it and “thaw” in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, flipping every minute. Then, microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. For oven preparation, broil sandwich for 4-8 minutes on low broil.
VEGETARIAN OPTION: Make with veggies only!
ONE MUFFIN per serving