- 2 Spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cup Liquid egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese*
- 1 (15 oz) can of Crushed tomato
- 2/3 cup Shredded mozzarella*
- 1/2 cup turkey Pepperoni (or you can use chicken or any protein)
- Prepare spaghetti squash by microwaving for 5-10 minutes or until soft (be sure to pierce with a knife before microwaving to release steam). Or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until squash is soft. Cut spaghetti squash in half, and discard seeds. Remove ‘spaghetti’ noodles from squash and place in a large bowl. For detailed instructions on preparing a spaghetti squash go here!
- Add eggs, seasonings, and parmesan to the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Mix until well combined.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Pour spaghetti squash crust mixture into crockpot, and cover the slow cooker with a long piece of paper towel (or a kitchen towel), then place the lid over the paper towel and pull it tight. This helps catch excess moisture. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove lid and discard paper towel (or kitchen towel).
- After cooking the crust, spread the crushed tomatoes (or pizza sauce) over the top, then sprinkle the cheese over the sauce, followed by the pepperoni (or cooked crumbled sausage) over the cheese. Finish with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high to melt the cheese and warm everything through. Let cool with cover off for a bit then serve!
Dairy Free Option
Use dairy-free cheeses or omit cheese.