- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz salsa
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For serving (optional): Tortillas, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), cheese, guacamole, onions, radishes, chopped fresh cilantro
- In the container of a slow cooker, add salsa, lime juice and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and stir to ensure they are covered with the salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender and easily shredded.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the slow cooker and stir it into the salsa mixture.
- Cook for an additional 1 hour with the lid slightly ajar (to let moisture escape).
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings!
Yields 12 tacos