I get so excited about soup – it’s easily one of my favorite things to make when the weather gets cooler. I’m currently obsessed with this delicious Panera Autumn Squash Soup – inspired after the famous Panera Bread soup. This easy slow cooker soup is loaded with flavor and is a must-try soup when that crisp fall air comes around.
I have taken this classic recipe and modified it by omitting the ingredients that aren’t so GetUhealthy!
A bowl full of savory autumn flavors, velvety texture, and tastes JUST like the classic Panera Bread soup we all know and love. Serve with a side salad and a side of bread to complete this delicious meal!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Autumn Squash Soup:
Coconut sugar/brown sugar
What Are Good Spices to Add to Butternut Squash Soup?
Butternut squash goes well with many seasonings. Some staple seasonings for butternut squash soup are cayenne pepper, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, salt and pepper. Herbs that go well with this soup are sage, rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
- 3 cups water
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium-large butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2-3 carrots peeled and chopped (or a little over 1 cup)
- 1/2 – 15 oz. can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (this adds creaminess and protein)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
1. Add all of the ingredients except cottage cheese to slow cooker/crockpot: water, onion, squash, carrots, pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt & pepper. Mix ingredients together. Place heat on low and cover, let cook for 5 hours. If you would like this to cook faster, you can set your cooker to high for 3-4 hours. INSTANT POT: 15 minutes
2. After ingredients have cooked, use a hand blender to puree your soup or use a blender and in batches blend
your soup until the consistency is velvety smooth. Stir in cottage cheese and puree and adjust taste if you would like more cinnamon, brown sugar or salt. Serve soup with pumpkin seeds and enjoy.